It’s easy to feel happy when things are going great. But it’s when things have gone awry that we should focus our minds and hearts on that which we are thankful for. Sometimes it’s the big things like my top 3, other times its the small things in life that really make our hearts soar! Below is a list of 25 things that I’m grateful for in my life.
1. I am thankful for Jesus. He gave his life for our eternal life.
2. I am thankful for Dan. He provides for us and he loves us unconditionally.
3. I am thankful for Kerry, Grady, Brody, Kady, Kenny, Dally Cardy, Maddy, Rowdy, Emmy, Elly, & Coby. They are my heart and soul.
OK, those are truly my top 3, but they are all cliche’s EVERYONE says those things, unless you are an atheist and then I think you skip number 1 or Jewish, the Jewish people would skip number 1 as well. And #2 could be suspect if you are going through a divorce or have a husband named anything other than DAN and the same for 3, but really, I’m pretty sure like 50% or the people out there aren’t too thankful for their kids, but that’s in other blogs or my book or my everyday slur …
Here’s where the list really picks up …
4. I am thankful for my birth-mother. Even though she deserted me twice, at least I’m here to be deserted … the alternative would have been much worse.
5. I am thankful for my friends who listen and don’t judge when I’m having a bad moment.
6. I am so thankful for our health. I thank God for the fact that we are healthy and happy.
7 I am thankful for the 1 Year Rule where I ask myself, will it matter in one year and if the answer is no, I let it go.
8. I am so thankful that the majority of my kids still believe in Santa, the Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny. And that my older kids go along with it.
9. I am equally as thankful for the 40+ celebrity crowd that are still having babies … they make me feel young.
10. I am thankful that my 16 year old still holds my hand in public.
11. I am thankful that my kids all love living in the RV and that none of them ever thinks it’s too crowded.
12. I’m thankful that we’ve carved out our own little paradise and are living our authentic lives.
13. I”m thankful that I still feel like I’m 21 years old and that Dan and I can keep up with our kids and other people decades (shutup) younger than us.
14. I’m thankful for all the people we have met and connected with through our travels and our participation in kayaking, snowboarding, etc. You have all greatly increased the quality of our lives and inspired us to continue pursuing our dreams.
15. So very thankful that we do not spend our days chained to a desk or a cubicle working jobs that we hate.
16. I’m thankful for the Unfollow Button on Facebook so I don’t have to listen to all the political dribble from the people I think are morons. It’s so passive aggressive of me, but instead of unfriending, I simply unfollow.
17. I’m thankful for full hook-ups in campgrounds so I can charge my phone that I’m wayyy too attached to.
18. Toll Free Directions on MapQuest cuz I hate toll roads, I already pay taxes for roads!
19. Free Wifi! Need I say more?
20. Free Showers. Yes, there is a pattern developing, but pay showers annoy the hell outta me!
21. That we don’t have TV in the RV. We read a lot more books and spend a lot more time outside.
22. That I wrote and published a book, a real life, 100’s of pages long book! All by myself.
23. That my husband lifts weights and looks unbelievably hot even though he’s way way way older than me and could actually be my father … ok, wait I went too far with that one.
24. Manicures and Pedicures — they make me feel feminine whilst living a life of a nomad, hippie, granola chic!
25. And I’m thankful for the fact that I have people who will read this and leave comments below (hint hint).
BONUS: I’m so super thankful to Jackson Kayak (www.jacksonkayak.com) for making such epic kids boats that they prompted Dan and I to think, what a great kid activity which then prompted Dan and I to think, what a great family activity … these two thought completely changed our entire lives!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
So. Now, go ahead, leave your thankful list in the comments below. I promise I’ll read them!! 🙂 Make me laugh, I dare you!